Have a transformative impact in Māori Health through Education
He Kaupapa Mātāmua: Mission
Strengthen Māori Health through nationally navigated and locally led solutions.
He Kaupapa: Purpose
Te Rau Matatau is a Māori organisation with a focus on providing and improving:
- Nationally navigated and locally led solutions to strengthen Māori health.
- Leadership in the health sector and a commitment to increasing and enhancing the Māori health workforce.
- Māori health and wellbeing through leadership, education, partnership, research and evaluation, health workforce innovation and systemic transformation.
Ngā Whai Hua: Values
Our values are informed by ngā kōrero o ngā tipuna:
- Tika, pono me te aroha: Doing what is right with integrity and compassion
- Mahi tahi: in the spirit of togetherness
- Manaaki tangata: whilst caring and supporting people
- Whakamana i te tangata’: to enhance their mana and full potential
- ‘Kia ngatahi te waihoe’ We do this in unison to achieve Māori goals and aspirations.
- ‘Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini’: We honour and remember the collective efforts necessary for success.
Ngā Pou: Key Principles
Our key principles are:
- Pou Tikanga: Māori knowledge and values underpin Te Rau Matatau activities and focus.
- Pou Rangahau: View through a Māori lens, in research and evaluation to inform practice and evidence.
- Pou Ngaio: Maintain high standards that align with Māori, health, and professional ethics.
- Pou Hikohiko: Include contemporary and traditional methods as vehicles for delivery.